A Hot Lead is an event inquiry from a Splacer organizer, who didn’t reach out to your space directly. You have the opportunity to pursue the event should you feel it meets your business needs. You'll get notified about Hot Leads either by email or you can find them in the Hot Leads section in SpacePro*.
An event inquiry is a message from an organizer that reached out to you specifically through your Splacer listing page. These inquiries will show up in your event Pipeline.
Why is the Hot Lead message addressed to someone else?
The Hot Lead inquiry may have originally been sent to a different host, yet the organizer is interested in receiving responses from additional spaces that may be a fit for their needs. That’s why the message might be addressed to someone else or might contain details that don’t seem to match your space specifically.
How should I respond to a Hot Lead?
So you found an event that you think will be a fit and great for your business - fantastic! What should you do next? Reach out to them, and keep these things in mind:
- Introduce yourself - This is likely the first time the organizer has seen your space, so say hello and let them know you’re interested!
- Make it personal - Address them by name and bring up any questions or details they’ve raised in their original inquiry.
- Stand out from the crowd - Tell them why their event could work in your space, what makes it unique and why you’re qualified to host the event (maybe you’ve hosted similar events before).
- Offer the right price - Consider their budget and do your best to stay in that range. Be upfront about what’s included and what might cost extra so that expectations are set.
- Availability - Make sure your space is available before responding, or suggest dates for an event that is flexible.
- Encourage a response -Suggest next steps in order to continue the conversation, ask if they’d like to come for a site visit or what information they will need to make a decision.
After you respond to a Hot Lead, the organizer will receive an email from Splacer letting them know you’re interested in hosting their event. They’ll also see a few details about your space and a link to your Splacer listing. If you’ve caught their eye they’ll reply to you directly!
How much does a Hot Lead cost?
Revealing an event lead will cost you a credit - so choose wisely! We'll start you off each month with 5 free credits. Out of credits? No problem. You can join a plan to get more or refer an event in exchange for more credits.
I marked a Hot Lead in order to respond to it later, but it disappeared from my view! What happened?
Hot Lead inquiries have an expiration and will be removed from your view after they expire. If you contacted the Hot Lead before it expired, the event will appear in your Pipeline, Messaging and Calendar views in SpacePro. If the organizer responds you’ll get a notification as you would for any direct inquiry from the Splacer marketplace.
Didn’t reply in time? No worries. New event inquiries should appear in your feed every day, so check SpacePro often for some new opportunities!